The McCown Group is proud to announce the addition of in-house professional photography by Claire McCown! In their ongoing efforts to provide the highest possible level of service, and offer added value to their clients, they could not think of a better improvement.
The Importance of Exceptional Photography in Real Estate
Just how important is fantastic photography? Critically. This is not a farfetched exaggeration. It’s a fact!
Homes with professional, high quality photos sell, on average, 32% faster.
Here are two more eye opening statistics from a recent article Center for REALTOR® Development (CRD) that further state the importance of great photography in real estate.
Quantity & Time Matter
Homes with more photos sell faster. A home with one photo spends an average 70 days on the market, but a home with 20 photos spends 32 days on the market.
Quality & Money Matters
For listings that are $200,000 – $1,000,000 those with high-quality photography sell for $3,000-$11,000 more.
Why Ample Photos Matter
With comprehensive photo coverage, a listing can be thoroughly viewed online. This is important for buyers coming from other states and countries, and even more important for today’s need for social distancing.
In a recent interview with Claire, she answered questions regarding her love of photography and real estate.
Q & A with Claire of The McCown Group
Q – How long have you been interested in photography?
Claire – Photography has always been a part of my life. My dad was the photographer of the family and always had a camera ready to capture the moment. My siblings and I absorbed his skills and techniques, and now we all have an interest in photography.
Q – What was your main motivation in wanting to pursue photography and provide this service for your clients?
Claire – After becoming a real estate agent, I was shocked at the number of homes listed on the market with uncomfortably dark and blurry photographs. Photographs are the first showing. It’s your one and only chance to grab the buyer’s attention. It is impossible to overstate the importance of great photographs! All our photographs present our clients’ homes or farms https://mccowngroup.com/status/active/ in the absolute best light. Pun intended.
Q – Do you invest in additional training or equipment?
Claire – Yes, I have spent countless hours in classes, honing my skills, and thousands of dollars investing in the right equipment.
Q – What are the main advantages for your clients?
Claire – Three Things.
- Time. Before we had in-house photography, we were limited by the schedule of the photographer we hired. This was often a problem when a client wanted their property on the market ASAP. Now, we are nimble and efficient in our listing protocol and this is great for our clients. Time is money!
- Onsite Flexibility. We are physically there to do the extras during the shoot. We can close an open toilet or remove a cereal box from the counter. Being on the ground looking at the images as we go, allow us to make every shot perfect.
- Consistent Commitment to Excellence. The freedom to choose the best angle, light and exposure of each shot allows us to remain true to our commitment of excellence to our clients. We now have control of every step of the process.
Q – What are tips that sellers need to do before you arrive to take the photographs?
Claire – The top six priorities are:
- The house should appear clean and organized.
- Cut back overgrown landscape to focus attention on the house.
- Pressure wash hard surfaces like walkways and driveways.
- Paint exterior and interior if necessary.
- Declutter – pre-pack about 50% of your belongings. It’ll look naked. That’s perfect.
- Make sure all lamps and lights have working bulbs.
Gail and Claire would love to simplify your next move whether it’s finding a Realtor for you in your new state or country, helping you find your next home, or selling your current home which will, no doubt require creating striking photographs. Please contact them for any and all of your real estate questions and concerns.